Difference between revisions of "Coaching"
|Line 110:||Line 110:|
Revision as of 17:56, 2 August 2013
- Analysis of the Modern 10 Pin Swing & Release Video....Added 04/25/2012
- Biomechanical terms ... Added 12/20/2011
- Brian Voss Coaching Seminar.... Link Marked as Private
- Cybervision Tapes
- Fundamentals of the Modern Release
- Stable Upper Body
- Motion Capture
- Peak Performance Under Stress
- Pros play the inside of the ball... Updated July 12 2013
- Role of the Trailing Leg and Knee Continuation
- The Flat spot
- The King of Swing
- Shift Bowl Technique
- Video Capture Tips for Bowler Assessment / Coaching
- Analysis of Two-Handed Bowling and Key elements
- Bowl.com Tips from Belmonte
- Jim Merrell- Keep Your Head Over the Ball
- Joe Slowinski - Two-handed bowling form (bowlingknowledge.info)
- Joe Slowinski - Two-handed bowling release drills (bowlingknowledge.info)
Mental Game Toolbox
- Drills by Joe Slowinski
- Free Swing Drill as detailed by Jim Merrell ...Added 6/28/2012
- Grip Test as illustrated by Don Johnson ...Added 9/28/2011
- Reducing Grip Pressure ...Modified 5/5/2013
Practice Devices and Props
Something there is that doesn't love a wall ...
However, walls can be very useful on the the approach side of the foul line.
With apologies to Robert Frost from whom I borrowed the opening line from, the list begins.
Most of you know about walls on the lanes but are you aware of the many uses of a wall as a bowlers aid? There are more than the initial two that follow.
1) Look at post#4 by Jim Merrell regarding "the ball placement step"
2) Richard Shockley "the finish"
More uses of a wall to come ...
Always get permission from the center authorities first.
On the lane as targeting devices - connect the dots (a line) several feet apart, look and listen.
On the lane side by side (a corridor) separated by a few boards, object roll the ball between the pieces of tape,use two sets several feet apart
2) PVC Targeting tool
You can buy them, but you can make them for a lot less, you can improvise adding features. This is variation of an old concept. This forum post has suggested spec's and materials list
Motion Monitoring Aid
1) A piece of tape on your PAP during practice sessions can help you see what your ball is doing and when its doing it
A simple method for finding your PAP - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fooIV5Tj7zc&list=UUlmJP7tuk3ztllCGi6Lq2YQ&index=26
First Step First Aid
A plastic drinking straw can be taped to the approach in the spot you want your first step to go. This was demonstrated in a USBC video
- 7 Exercises Every Bowler Should Know ... Added 5/26/2012
Last Update 8/2/2013
The Bowling Educational Material listed below have been reviewed by forum members (with a few exceptions. If you have read or viewed these or any others, please add your reviews.
For additional reviews and opinions, try www.amazon.com then search by name, then look for customer reviews. You may also find or stumble upon reviews on other forums via Internet Search Engines. There is a prototype format that follows the list.
Ball Drilling For Dummies Series
with Tim Burg, Joey Cerar, and Mo Pinel